Dignitaries and Special Invitees for Inauguration
|Inauguration by||Sri D. Sudheer Reddy||Hon’ble MLA, L.B. Nagar Assembly Constituency|
|Jyothi Prajwalana by||Sri Jitta Rajasekhar Reddy||Corporator, GHMC, Vanasthalipuram|
|Guests of Honour||Sri. G. Gowri Shanker, I.T.S||Director of Handlooms and Textiles and Apparel Export Parks, (FAC)|
|Sri B. Sridhar, I.A.S,||Collector & District Magistrate, RangaReddy|
|Sri. P. K. Jain||Deputy Director, Weavers Service Centre, Hyderabad|
Objectives of Handloom Mela
The Handloom Mela is being conducted with effect from 13.12.2013 to 27.12.2013, at Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad by Dept of Handlooms & Textiles, GOAP. In addition to providing a marketing channel for Handloom Societies and Weavers to market their products, the handloom mela would serve the following objectives,
- By conducting this mela all the handloom products produced in different places throughout Andhra Pradesh are brought to one place to display them attractively and sell them at reasonable rates. All the products can be studied and innovations can be made.
- Study of the market or customer feedback on the handloom products
- Study of the societies and their current capabilities (based on the interview of the society representatives in mela, which can be followed with an in person visit to the society)
- Understand the impact of designs and other inputs on the Handloom products/societies and initiate the intervention of designers of NIFT, NID etc. institutions in the handloom product designs, the designers will visit and study the Handloom products during mela
- The new and improved products developed will be displayed in the subsequent exhibitions or melas. There by the customers will get new designs and colours in different fabrics suitable for present and future Market trends.
Participants and Products Showcased
- More than 70 Societies around Andhra Pradesh and across India will be participating and showcasing their products.
- 60 stalls with 8 ft. X 10 ft. size are going to be provided to Handloom Weavers Coop. Societies, Handloom Clusters, Handloom Exporters, Award Winners on free of cost to display their products and sell them at reasonable rates to customers, Handloom Fabric lovers.
- Weavers Service Centre and Textile Committee will participate and propagate the Importance of Handloom Mark.
Follow us on Social Media
Visit us on our Facebook event page and get more updates on the event : Click here to visit Handloom Mela Facebook Page
How to get there?
View Larger Map
View Larger Map