Office of the Development Commissioner for Handlooms
Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
Weavers’ Service Centre
# 2 & 4, 2nd Main Road, Okalipura
Ph. 080 2312 1662
Cordially Invites you to the Joint Buyer Seller Meet of:
Kollegal Handloom Cluster
Esalam Handloom Cluster
Dadagapatti Handloom Cluster
Payyanur Handloom Cluster
Shri D.A Venkatesh, IFS
Commissioner for Textile Development and Director of Handlooms & Textiles
Government of Karnataka, Bangalore
In the presence of
Shri D.R. Gupta
Director (South Zone), Weavers’ Service Centre, Chennai
Objectives of the Buyer - Seller meet
- To bring the weavers, master weavers, manufacturers, raw materials suppliers, Accessory suppliers, retailers, buying houses, buying agents, designers and direct customers/ consumers under one platform.
- To make all the participants know each other. To help them make new business partnerships to start buying and selling and also renewal of their previous business relations.
- To make the participants aware of the nuances of the industry, the functional details, market economics, the prevailing market conditions, public relations and customer relationship management.
- To familiarize the participants with the sub- sectors of the silk industry, the who’swho of the industry, the latest trends, accessories, the industry specialists and bench marking standards.
- To help the participants to internationalize their businesses.
- To educate the participants about the various events, trade fairs and exhibitions, the journals, the sampling units, the design centers, the colour trends, border trends, and the seasonal peculiarities etc to keep themselves abreast with the external environment.
- To initiate a forum of connectivity for Co-operation among Co-operatives, common consortia, joint procurement councils, joint marketing agenda, institutional selling and Co-operative buying of raw materials, accessories and packaging materials.
- To equip the sellers and buyers with technical and commercial knowledge of production and business.
- To build/develop communication abilities and develop team spirits of business and start understanding win-win relationship.