The Karnataka State Co-operative Agricultural and Rural Development Bank. (KSCA & RD Bank) was established on 25/11/1929, and is located in Bangalore. The total membership of the society is 177. It operates in State level. This is a institution handling matters concerning policy, planning and operations in the field of credit for agriculture and for other economic and developmental activities in rural areas. Essentially, it is a refinancing agency for financial institutions offering production credit and investment credit for promoting agriculture and developmental activities in rural areas.
1. Initiates measures toward institution-building for improving absorptive capacity of the credit delivery system, including monitoring, formulation of rehabilitation schemes, restructuring of credit institutions, training of personnel, etc.
2. Coordinates the rural financing activities of all the institutions engaged in developmental work at the field level and maintains liaison with the government of India , State governments, the Reserve Bank of India and other national level institutions concerned with policy formulation
3. Prepares, on annual basis, rural credit plans for all the districts in the state. These plans form the base for annual credit plans of all rural financial institutions. 4. Undertakes monitoring and evaluation of projects refinanced by it.
5. Promotes research in the fields of rural banking, agriculture and rural development
6. Functions as a regulatory authority, supervising, monitoring and guiding agricultural cooperative banks and regional rural banks
"Indira Priyadarshini" for maximum lending to Horticulture and Forestry